Determination of chlorophyll concentration, algae classes and photosynthesis activity for scientific and routine analysis
The bbe AlgaeLabAnalyser offers the simultaneous determination of chlorophyll concentrations, transmission, and - as an option - the photosynthetic activity of microalgae in a 25 ml glass cuvette. The chlorophyll content is excited by coloured LEDs and allocated to the different algal classes.
The AlgaeLabAnalyser enables direct measurement without sample preparation by filtration or solvent. The fluorescence signals f0, f, fm are used to calculate the photosynthetic activity using the Genty parameter method. A yellow substances (CDOM) correction is also used to correctly calculate the total chlorophyll content.
The fluorescence of algae via excitation with visible light mainly depends on the chlorophyll-a, a pigment wide-spread in the plant world. The presence of other pigments is typical for different algae classes. The interaction of these different pigments systems with chlorophyll-a result in a special excitation spectrum for taxonomic algae classes.
The special patterns of this algal fluorescence - so-called fingerprints - are used in bbe fluorometers for the qualification of different algae classes. The light sources for the excitation are LEDs with selected wavelengths. The fingerprints of four algae classes and for yellow substances are pre-defined in the instrument. However, special user-specific fingerprints can also be defined.
The determination of algal activity (Genty parameter) is performed using an additional background light.
- quick, simple chlorophyll determination using algal class analysis
- simple operation
- direct measurement without sample preparation via filtration, dilution
- state-of-the-art notebook in scope of delivery
- integrated stirrer
- PC operation using bbe++ software
- uncomplicated data export
- optional hard case for mobile deployment
- optional external battery
- waterway analysis and assessment
- general environmental assessment
- intake monitoring
- chemical analysis
- toxicity testing
- waste detection
- dam monitoring
- limnological work
- research and education
The database software is used to record and analyse the data. The most important features are...
- saving of data and parameters at any time
- graphic display of all measurement values
- online display in LAN
- calibration of the instrument
- parameterisation of the measurement
- data export to EXCEL and to text files
- print function
- subsequent recalibration of algae classes
Technical specification of our AlgaeLabAnalyser
|Chlorophyll||0 - 200 µg chl-a/l|
|Measurement procedure||spectral fluorometry|
|Resolution||0.01 µg chl-a/l|
|Transmission||0 - 100%|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||185 x 330 x 350 mm|
|Mains voltage||110/240V 50/60Hz / 12VDC|
|Temperature||Sample: 0 - 35° C / Environment: 0 - 40 °C|
|Sample volume||25 ml|
|Software||Windows bbe++ software with database|
|Options||rechargeable battery pack, SDI-12 with bbe converter|
Subject to alteration!