Depth-profile with quick analysis of chlorophyll and unbound phycocyanin concentrations as well as algae classes
The bbe PhycoProbe* is a highly sensitive measuring instrument for the in vivo analysis of chlorophyll-a in real microalgae and blue-green algae (cyanobacteria). Individual profiles for the different algal classes are created during the measurement. The algal content is determined by evaluating the chlorophyll fluorescence in real time. Without the necessity of using a laboratory, it is possible to completely analyse the occurrence and distribution of algae in different water bodies, if necessary at different depths.
Additionally, the PhycoProbe measures the amount of unbound phycocyanin (free PC) which reflects the release of blue-green algae contents like toxins as well as flavours and odorous substances. Interference from e.g. humic substances is compensated using the integrated yellow substances measurement.
PhycoProbe | bbe moldaenke©
NEW! Depth-profile with quick analysis of chlorophyll and unbound phycocyanin concentrations as well as algae classes
- Quick, simple chlorophyll measurement with algal class differentiation
- Indicator for cyanotoxins as well as flavours and odorous substances by phycocyanin measurements
- Yellow substances measurement and compensation of disturbances via UV-LED excitation
- Up to 4 measurements per second
- PC software bbe++ for data analysis
- Reduces the number of microscopic laboratory analyses
- Internal rechargeable batteries for independent measurement
- Internal data logger
- Options: Temperature measurements, Measuring cables: 2 – 100 m, Hydro-Wiper unit, Bluetooth-Set
- Reservoir monitoring
- Process tracking in waterworks
- Drinking water monitoring for blue-green algae
- Monitoring of bathing water for blue-green algae
- Environmental monitoring
- Cooling and production water control
- Limnological work
- Research and teaching
Databased bbe++ Software
The bbe PhycoProbe software supplied with the instrument facilitates detailed data analysis. All measurement data can be displayed numerically or graphically. Sections of data measurements can be recorded and printed using the zoom function. Data can also be exported to a spreadsheet program (e.g Excel). All settings and calibrations are performed by the software.
The FluoroProbe can now be operated on moored platforms, submersed from buoys or fixed measuring stations using the Hydro-Wiper (made by Zebra-Tech Ltd, NZ). The wiper brushes can be set to periodically clean the lenses of the measuring chamber to remove biofilms and dirt which builds up over long periods of operation.
Tecnical specifications of the PhycoProbe
|Measuring range||0 - 200 µg chl-a/l|
|Resolution||0,01 μg chl-a/l, 0,01 μg freePC/l|
|Turbidity||0 - 200 FTU|
|Dimensions (H x Ø)||550 x 140 mm|
|Dimensions (H x Ø)||IP 68|
|Protection class||12 V|
|Battery capacity||3900 mA h|
|Water temperature||-2 to 40 °C|
|Operating time||continually approx. 7 hrs; interval approx. 27 days|
|Interface||RS485 and USB|
Subject to change!
Downloads & Information about the PhycoProbe
Manuals and further informations for this product may be available in the internal area for registered users.